- WMF at 50
- About Us
- Our Projects
- The Watch
- Get Involved
- Dig Deeper
Acting Executive Director, WMF Peru
World Monuments Fund (WMF) is the leading independent (non-governmental) organization working globally for the protection of cultural heritage.
WMF Peru is a registered not-for-profit organization in Peru and has been approved to receive tax-exempt donations in Peru.
The Executive Director of WMF Peru has recently stepped out of that position to take a one to two-year leave of absence and thus we are seeking an Acting Executive Director on a full or part-time basis for up to two years.
The Vice President of the Board of WMF Peru is responsible for overall supervision of all aspects of WMF Peru’s activities and the Acting Executive Director will report to the Board of WMF Peru through the Vice President for all fiscal, project, and external affairs matters. The Acting Executive Director will also report into WMF Headquarters to the extent that WMF Peru is an affiliate of WMF.
WMF Peru Operations
- Act as a liaison between the WMF Headquarters and WMF Peru’s Board of Directors and program advisors concerning the selection and management of field projects;
- Coordinate contact and relation with projects teams, as directed including meetings and periodic reports;
- Act as a resource for the World Monuments Watch and the forwarding of nominations and communications to WMF Headquarters;
- Track project budgeting and payments to ensure timely release of funds for work in progress and compliance with budgets; and
- Develop, from time to time, special programs such as conferences, lectures and seminars that interpret WMF’s work to the field and engage with other local organizations in Peru.
- Together with Vice President, act as a spokesperson for WMF Peru in public forums and represent the organization at events and in meetings pertaining to WMF’s participation in the field of heritage conservation;
- In coordination with WMF Headquarters, organize communications activities in Peru relating to WMF programs, including press releases, press conferences, marketing and promotional activities, and events that focus public attention on WMF work;
- Communicate project status reports to WMF Headquarters for maintenance and updating of the WMF website and archives.
Development and Fundraising
In collaboration with WMF Headquarters and the Board of Directors of WMF Peru:
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy for WMF Peru that generates support for general expenses and conservation projects and ensures long-term sustainability of WMF Peru;
- Develop funding prospects and make presentations about WMF’s work in Peru in order to generate support for current programs and activities;
- Suggest and organize periodic events in Peru that will support these goals.
- Be responsible to the Board of Directors of WMF Peru and WMF Board of Trustees for the overall financial health of the organization, ensuring that expenditures are controlled in line with budgets as approved by the Board.
- Recommend a yearly budget for Board of Directors’ and Board of Associates’ approval and prudently manage the organization’s yearly budget within those budget guidelines;
- Oversee keeping the books and coordination with external accountant;
- Oversee the compliance of internal legal procedures included in the Articles of Association;
- Take responsibility for complying with the periodical submissions required to maintained tax benefits and status;
- Ensure compliance with all the obligations related to receiving local or foreign donations and transferring them to the projects (according to the approved structure for money transfer);
- Prepare information and documentation to be presented to WMF Peru chairman, Board and Association meetings;
- Provide monthly report on activities to the Board of Directors of WMF Peru and Headquarters; and
- Manage other activities related to WMF Peru operations, as directed by Headquarters.
The Acting Executive Director reports to the Board of WMF Peru through the Vice President of the Board of WMF Peru for all fiscal, project, and external affairs matters. WMF Headquarters is a substantial shareholder, and the Acting Executive Director has a responsibility also to directly liaise with WMF Headquarters, including the President, Executive Vice President, the Program Director for Latin America, and the Vice President for International Affairs, concerning all program, development, communications, and general office activities and to communicate the priorities and strategies set by WMF Headquarters to the WMF Peru board.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of five years of executive management and/or legal experience;
- Experience in the fields of cultural management and/or Peruvian non-governmental management desired;
- Good financial management skills and financial literacy, including creating and managing budgets;
- Fluency in Spanish and English languages required;
- Evidence of fundraising experience;
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly organized, detail and results oriented; and
- Creative, aspiring, congenial.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
- Initial inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must be no longer than four pages. The document should include a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and demonstrating your experience as related to the key priorities in this job description. Please include the names and contact details of two people who would provide references. Note: those people would only be contacted upon receiving consent from the applicant.
- All applicants will receive a receipt of application and qualified applicants will be notified regarding interview status. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.