Position Title: Assistant to the Vice President of Development and Partnerships
Direct Report: Vice President of Development and Partnerships
I. Position Summary
World Monuments Fund (WMF) seeks a qualified professional for the role of Assistant to the Vice President of Development and Partnerships to contribute to our global, creative, and inclusive team. The individual is a key member of the Development team, assisting the VP of Development and Partnerships in administrative duties, Board relations, and other special projects. Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Partnerships, this individual will help manage the Board of Trustee relations and provide critical support to the VP and the entire Development team. The ideal candidate will be a flexible, positive, pro-active individual with excellent organizational and communication skills. The position requires an experienced, highly polished individual with direct and professional exposure to senior C-Suite executives, as well as direct Board of Trustees interactions. The Assistant to the Vice President of Development and Partnerships reports to the Vice President of Development and Partnerships and works closely with all members of the Development team, as well as serving as the liaison between Development and the Programs, Communications, and Finance teams.
About World Monuments Fund
World Monuments Fund (WMF) is the leading independent organization devoted to safeguarding the world’s most treasured places to enrich people’s lives and build mutual understanding across cultures and communities. The organization is headquartered in New York City with offices and affiliates in Cambodia, France, India, Peru, Portugal, Spain and the UK. Since 1965, our global team of experts has preserved the world’s diverse cultural heritage using the highest international standards at more than 700 sites in 112 countries. Partnering with local communities, funders, and governments, WMF draws on heritage to address some of today’s most pressing challenges: climate change, underrepresentation, imbalanced tourism, and post-crisis recovery. With a commitment to the people who bring places to life, WMF embraces the potential of the past to create a more resilient and inclusive society.
- Support the Vice President of Development and Partnerships with scheduling internal and external meetings, drafting correspondence to donors and funders, tracking expenses, and managing communications with the Development team.
- Coordinate all aspects of Board solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship, sending timely and accurate correspondence on behalf of the VP and President and CEO.
- Track Board revenue, ensuring proper gift entry and updates in the database.
- Coordinate two Board Committees (Nominating and Governance; Development), including taking minutes and preparing agendas, meeting materials, presentations, and talking points.
- Maintain the Nominating and Governance pipeline, tracking prospects, conducting research, and preparing materials for the Executive Team and Board members; work closely with the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO to coordinate communications with the Board, donors, and prospects.
- Coordinate Development team meetings by preparing the agenda, taking minutes, and following up on action items.
- Coordinate with the programs coordinator to maintain up-to-date information on projects.
- Conduct prospect research, preparing profiles for upcoming meetings and solicitations.
- Create clear, accurate presentations for the VP of Development and Partnerships for Board and donor meetings.
- Maintain Board database records, as well as any donor/prospect communications with the VP of Development and Partnerships.
- Assist with the coordination of events.
- 2-4 years of experience in development or similar office environment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Computer fluency in Microsoft environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); strong database skills (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach to work with staff at all organizational levels.
- A team player with a willingness to help others.
- Ability to compile, report, and analyze information succinctly.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend events.
IV. EEO Statement
The World Monuments Fund provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, genetics, creed, national origin, age, disability, marital and/or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The World Monuments Fund is a NY State at-will employer. In addition to federal law requirements, World Monuments Fund also complies with all other applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and or operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
V. Compensation and Benefits
The World Monuments Fund offers a comprehensive and highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, wellness and sick time off, holiday time off, and a multitude of other insurance benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a fully comprehensive retirement plan. The Assistant to the Vice President of Development and Partnerships position is based in mid-town Manhattan, New York; with the opportunity to work in a hybrid work mode, as workload necessitates.
The salary range for this position is $62,500 to $65,000 annually, based on commensurate experience.
VI. Application Procedure
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
No Phone Calls.