World Monuments Fund (WMF) seeks a qualified professional for the role of Associate Director of Special Events to contribute to our global, creative, and inclusive team. The individual is a key member of the Development team, managing the organization’s fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Partnerships, this individual is responsible for successfully planning and executing two annual fundraising events, raising more than $1M a year for World Monuments Fund. The Associate Director of Special Events is also responsible for supporting the Development team through management of multiple cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year. Events may be in-person, virtual, or hybrid, depending on the circumstances. The ideal candidate is flexible, positive, and creative and has a passion for communicating organizational mission through engaging events while stewarding a portfolio of donors.
The Associate Director of Special Events reports to the Vice President of Development and Partnerships and works closely with the Individual Giving team and President and CEO.
- Oversee all aspects of the annual fall Gala and spring fundraiser, including but not limited to:
- Establishing theme and goal for each event;
- Securing honorees and speakers;
- Securing event co-chairs and benefit committees;
- Securing corporate and in-kind sponsors;
- Collaborating with designer to create compelling and creative print and email invitations, program,
- Securing venue and vendors, negotiating contracts, and managing event budget; and web content in support of event;
- Overseeing décor, event program, seating/table arrangements, multi-media and A/V production, and entertainment.
- Manage portfolio of 100+ event prospects.
- Coordinate all logistics of cultivation and stewardship events with the Individual Giving team.
- Develop overall special events strategy and calendar in support of larger organizational goals.
- Stay abreast of new event venues that support WMF’s organizational mission or create opportunity for one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Support WMF affiliate offices in planning international events.
- Oversee the reconciliation of expenses and revenue for all special event and ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Oversee event gift entry, reconciliation, and pledges and ensure timely and accurate event acknowledgement letters.
- Collaborate with Communications team and outside vendors on virtual components of hybrid and all-virtual events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years of experience in special events, preferably for non-profits
- Bachelor's degree
- Computer fluency in Microsoft environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); strong database skills (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach to work with staff at all organizational levels.
- A team player with a willingness to help others.
- Ability to respond and plan for evolving event tastes to maintain core audience while refreshing events annually.
- Ability to compile, report, and analyze information succinctly.
- Ability to work nights and occasional weekends.
Salary is commensurate with experience. WMF offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days; 12 US holidays; 15-23 paid time off days depending on role and tenure; medical insurance starting at $1 per month; free dental and vision; FSA for healthcare and commuter costs; 403b retirement savings plans with 9% employer contributions after one year; disability and life insurance; and an Employee Assistance Program available to WMF staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
World Monuments Fund is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. WMF is an at-will employer.
World Monuments Fund’s mission is to preserve the world’s architectural heritage of significant monuments, buildings, and sites. In partnership with local communities, funders, and governments, WMF seeks to inspire an enduring commitment to stewardship for future generations.