Position Title: Communications Assistant
Direct Report: Vice President of Communications
I. Position Summary
World Monuments Fund (WMF) seeks a qualified professional for the role of Communications Assistant to contribute to our global, creative, and inclusive team. The individual is a key member of the Communications Department, assisting the Vice President of Communications and the rest of the team in administrative duties and special projects.
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, this individual will provide critical support to the communications team assisting in a variety of administrative duties including maintaining the communications calendar, updating the wmf.org website, tracking and processing incoming images and assets, and overseeing internal workflows on key projects. The ideal candidate will be a flexible, positive, pro-active individual with excellent organizational and communication skills.
The Communications Assistant reports to the Vice President of Communications and works closely with the rest of the Communications team, as well as serving as the liaison between Communications, and the Development, Programs, and Finance teams.
- Support the Vice President of Communications with scheduling internal and external meetings, tracking expenses, and managing communications with the Communications team.
- Act as a website administrator, in coordination with the Creative Director and the Digital Marketing Manager, to ensure that all aspects of website publication, including images and copy are updated in a timely manner.
- Build and track weekly email communications via Luminate.
- Manage WMF's upcoming website redesign and other special projects, ensuring that projects progress according to plan.
- Track and manage incoming images and other assets, inputting metadata before filing on the WMF server and publishing to the website.
- Maintain the department calendars tracking key dates, events, and other projects on Airtable.
- Coordinate Communications department meetings by preparing the agenda, taking minutes, and following up on action items.
- Coordinate with Programs Coordinator to maintain up-to-date information on projects.
- Coordinate with Development to keep track of donor/membership campaigns, special events, and other areas of overlap with Communications.
- Assist with copyediting on various marketing and communications content for publication.
- Track and update internal documents and brand reference files including ppt templates and the annual factsheet.
- Field email inquiries from the website contact form.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications or similar office environment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Computer fluency in Microsoft environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Website admin, html, and database skills a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach to work with staff at all organizational levels.
- A team player with a willingness to help others.
- Ability to compile, report, and analyze information succinctly.
- Ability to work occasional evening events.
IV. Professional Commitment
World Monuments Fund provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, genetics, creed, national origin, age, disability, marital and/or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. World Monuments Fund is a NY State at-will employer.
In addition to federal law requirements, World Monuments Fund also complies with all other applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and or operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
V. Application Procedure
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No Phone Calls.
VI. Compensation and Benefits
World Monuments Fund offers a comprehensive and highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including: paid time off, wellness / sick time off, holiday time off, education assistance programs and a multitude of other insurance benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a fully comprehensive retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $50k - $60k.