World Monuments Fund (WMF) is the leading private organization dedicated to saving cultural heritage sites and empowering the communities around them. We believe that when we come together to protect historic places, we're also standing up for unheard voices, forgotten stories, and untapped potential. Since our founding more than 55 years ago, WMF has helped conserve more than 700 sites and advocated for the protection of more than 800 treasured places.
WMF is seeking a human resources manager to guide and support the organization’s employee relations. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for coordinating staffing, implementing employee benefits, and reviewing key documents related to policy and employee support. The position is also responsible for overseeing a strategy to achieve WMF’s goals for developing and sustaining an equitable culture that reflects the diversity, inclusivity, and representation of our organization.
- Human Resources:
- In conjunction with Chief Financial Officer, oversee staffing process, including outreach, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and termination
- Create and maintain a robust orientation process for new staff, interns, and fellows
- In conjunction with Chief Financial Officer, help develop staff retention policies, including prioritizing diversity and inclusion initiatives, reviewing staff levels and salaries; updating job descriptions; and identifying employee training and development opportunities within and outside the organization
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices regularly to maintain compliance
- Coordinate annual staff goal setting and performance review process
- Review and update staff key staff documents (employee handbook, whistleblower policy, conflict of interest, etc) annually
- Support and guide employees and supervisors in resolving employee grievances, train supervisors to coach and counsel employees, couch and counsel employees
- Oversee and coordinate WMF staff functions and gatherings
- Process semi-monthly payroll and remit 403(b) plan contributions for US-based staff
- Track and maintain employee time off reports
- Oversee and coordinate employee benefits through Professional Services Organization (PEO) ADP Totalsource (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan, etc).
- Oversee the benefits enrollment process, including partnering with ADP Total source and broker on annual renewal, managing open enrollment, new hire enrollment, qualifying event changes, and questions pertaining to benefits
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in a human resources position.
- Ability to take initiative and interface with all levels of staff and senior executives both internal and external to the organization while maintaining tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, handle multiple, complex tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, time-management, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes some evening commitments.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint), Zoom and demonstrated use of technology, software, and other digital tools.
This is a full-time position based in New York City.
Chief Financial Officer
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range of $75,000 - $90,000 commensurate with experience
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 12 US holidays, 15-23 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $1 per month, Free dental, and Free vision, FSA for healthcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with 9% employer contributions after 1 year, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
World Monuments Fund is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. WMF is an at-will employer.
World Monuments Fund’s mission is to preserve the world’s architectural heritage of significant monuments, buildings, and sites. In partnership with local communities, funders, and governments, WMF seeks to inspire an enduring commitment to stewardship for future generations.
Please Note: Due to the volume of applications, we are not able to respond to email inquiries regarding the status of an application; applicants will only be notified if they have been selected for an interview.