Position Title: Manager of Individual Giving
Direct Report: Director of Individual Giving
I. Position Summary
World Monuments Fund (WMF) is seeking a qualified professional for the role of Manager of Individual Giving to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented Development department. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Manager of Individual Giving’s main role will be to support the strategic direction and administration of the International Council, a membership program for WMF’s major donors (giving $5,000+ annually) that offers a robust menu of events including access to our international travel program. In addition, this individual will manage WMF’s Junior Board, a group of approximately 25-30 young professionals from around the world between the ages of 21-39. The successful candidate will be a creative, collaborative, energetic, pro-active individual with excellent organizational and communication skills.
About World Monuments Fund
World Monuments Fund (WMF) is the leading independent organization devoted to safeguarding the world’s most treasured places to enrich people’s lives and build mutual understanding across cultures and communities. The organization is headquartered in New York City with offices and affiliates in Cambodia, France, India, Peru, Portugal, Spain and the UK. Since 1965, our global team of experts has preserved the world’s diverse cultural heritage using the highest international standards at more than 700 sites in 112 countries. Partnering with local communities, funders, and governments, WMF draws on heritage to address some of today’s most pressing challenges: climate change, underrepresentation, imbalanced tourism, and post-crisis recovery. With a commitment to the people who bring places to life, WMF embraces the potential of the past to create a more resilient and inclusive society.
- Support the Director of Individual Giving in the management of the International Council, including membership administration, program development, and prospect research.
- Oversee all aspects of membership engagement, which includes developing fundraising strategies and drafting correspondence for appeals, renewals, and acknowledgements.
- Work closely with Director of Individual Giving to strategize donor stewardship including planning and implementing events specifically for International Council members and producing a monthly newsletter.
- Manage administration of WMF’s travel program; assisting Director of Individual Giving in all aspects of planning, managing logistics, producing promotional materials, and liaising with tour coordinators and others to finalize travel arrangements.
- Work with Affiliate Chapters of the International Council to coordinate communications including maintaining an events calendar that encompasses the global scope of the International Council.
- Assist Vice President of Development and Partnerships in managing WMF’s Junior Board; coordinate meetings; manage pipeline of prospects; draft solicitations and acknowledgements; and help organize programs and events in collaboration with members of the Junior Board.
- Along with the Director of Individual Giving, track progress of revenue and expenses to meet budget and inform fundraising strategy.
- In coordination with the Manager for Membership and Annual Fund, maintain calendar of activities and deadlines in coordination with other teams across the organization.
- Conduct individual prospect research, preparing profiles for VP of Development and Partnerships, CEO, and other development staff.
- Draft compelling fundraising documents including proposals, solicitation letters, enewsletters, etc.
- Work with Database Coordinator to ensure accurate gift allocations and membership records.
- Maintain strong relationships – with an emphasis on collaboration – within the Development team, as well as with colleagues in other departments and affiliate offices.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred major in Art History, Heritage, English, History, International Affairs or related field)
- 3-5 years of experience in development, preferably individual giving/membership
- Experience with arranging travel logistics and working with tour operators preferred
- Computer fluency in Microsoft environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Donor database experience, preferably with Raiser’s Edge
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with funders and board members and work well with staff at all levels
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, as needed
IV. EEO Statement
World Monuments Fund provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, genetics, creed, national origin, age, disability, marital and/or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. World Monuments Fund is a NY State at-will employer. In addition to federal law requirements, World Monuments Fund also complies with all other applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and or operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
V. Compensation and Benefits
The World Monuments Fund offers a comprehensive and highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, wellness and sick time off, holiday time off, and a multitude of other insurance benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a fully comprehensive retirement plan. The Manager of Individual Giving position is based in mid-town Manhattan, New York; with the opportunity to work in a hybrid work mode, as workload necessitates.
The salary range for this position will be within the $70,000 - $80,000 range annually, based on commensurate experience.
VI. Application Procedure
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
No Phone Calls.