World Monuments Fund (WMF) seeks a qualified professional for the role of Manager of Special Events. This individual is a key member of the Development team, managing and coordinating the organization’s fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development & Partnerships; and in coordination with WMF’s Special Events Consultants, this individual is responsible for successfully managing and coordinating two annual fundraising events, raising more than $1M a year for WMF’s general operations. In addition, the Manager of Special Events will support the Development team through the coordination of multiple cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year. Events may be in-person, virtual, or hybrid, depending on the circumstances. The ideal candidate is a team player who is flexible, positive, and creative. They will have a passion for communicating the organization’s mission through engaging events while supporting the stewardship of WMF’s donors.
- Coordinate all logistics for the annual fall gala and spring fundraiser, as well as a dozen plus cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year.
- Provide on-site support and logistics for events including liaising with on-site staff (volunteers, vendors, etc.) for set-up and break-down, seating, table arrangements, check-in, vendor relations, printed and digital signage, and place cards/name tags.
- Maintain special events inbox and track RSVPs; provide documentation for gift entry; facilitate invitation list queries via Raiser's Edge; draft and send acknowledgements; distribute RSVP and financial reports; conduct email and phone follow ups to invited guests.
- Work cross-departmentally to route creative concepts and obtain approvals for printed and digital invitations and event materials, social media, and web content.
- In collaboration with the Development team, create donor look books and profiles through prospect research and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to manage the reconciliation of expenses and revenue; ensure timely payments to vendors by managing invoices and vendor contracts.
- Work with the Communications team and outside vendors on virtual components of hybrid and all-virtual events.
- Coordinate event calendar on behalf of the Development team, in collaboration with President and CEO’s office, and the Programs and Communications teams.
- Analyze event trends, audience reach, and successes to support increased event growth year-over-year; create post-event summaries and analysis.
- Maintain event resource lists and special events records (digital and physical), including preferred venues, caterers, designers, and in-kind donors.
- Perform other duties as workload necessitates.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two to four years of proven successful experience and in high-end special events.
- Nonprofit Events, Fundraising Gala’s, and Board Events experience preferred.
- Computer fluency in Database Systems (Raiser’s Edge expertise a preferred plus).
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and meet changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a collaborative team approach to work with all staff.
- Ability to respond and plan for evolving event tastes, and maintain core audience attendance, while refreshing events annually effectively and successfully.
- Ability to compile, report, and analyze information succinctly.
- Ability to work nights and occasional weekends may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical, organization, and communication skills a must.
- Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
The World Monuments Fund provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, genetics, creed, national origin, age, disability, marital and/or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The World Monuments Fund is a NY State at-will employer. In addition to federal law requirements, World Monuments Fund also complies with all other applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and or operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The World Monuments Fund offers a comprehensive and highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including: paid time off, wellness / sick time off, holiday time off, education assistance programs and a multitude of other insurance benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a fully comprehensive retirement plan.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls.