The Moai Circle (pronounced MO-aye) takes its name from the large monolithic statues that were created by the Rapa Nui to represent their ancestors on Easter Island, where World Monuments Fund has been promoting conservation and sustainability since the 1960s.
Participants enjoy unique social events and exclusive tours of some of New York City's most fascinating cultural sites.
Join the Moai Circle by adding $50 to your Friends membership, and enjoy the following benefits with our appreciation.
- $100 membership + $50 Moai Circle
- $250 Membership + $50 Moai Circle
- $500 Membership + $50 Moai Circle
- $1,000 Membership + $50 Moai Circle
- $2,500 Membership + $50 Moai Circle
For $150, enjoy all the benefits of Friends membership plus all Moai Circle activities in the New York City area, including:
- Invitations to Moai Circle behind-the-scenes visits and walking tours of New York City area sites.
- Invitations to events exclusive to Moai Circle members, including our annual Lecture and Libation event, combining cocktails and cultural heritage.
- Invitation for two to our annual Friends Lecture in New York—held in our Empire State Building offices.
- Custom WMF tote—the perfect sturdy canvas bag for groceries and daily necessities.
For $300, enjoy all of the above, plus:
- Custom WMF Google Cardboard inspired VR Viewer—experience cultural heritage in a whole new way!
For $550, enjoy all of the above, plus:
- Invitation for two to attend our annual Mellon Lecture and reception in New York.
- Special recognition in our annual magazine, in appreciation of your leadership support.
For $1,050, enjoy all of the above, plus:
- Custom WMF umbrella—compact, lightweight, and durable.
For $2,550, enjoy all of the above, plus:
- Invitations to quarterly member webinars—live updates about the conservation work you’re making possible by WMF representatives around the globe.
Moai Circle Steering Committee
Laura D. Carrera
Special Initiative: Restore a Garuda!
Join the Moai Circle special initiative to restore one of the monumental carved stone garudas at Angkor’s Preah Khan temple in Cambodia. Your gift of any size will receive a 1-to-1 match thanks to special funding and bring new life to Garuda #72. #GiveGaruda
Lecture & Libation
In February, Moai Circle members and friends explored the relationship between China’s built and imbibed heritage with a lecture on WMF’s work in China and a tasting of baijiu – China’s national spirit.
ESB Lobby Tour
In April, Frank Prial, Associate Partner at Beyer Blinder Belle, gave Moai Circle members an insider's tour of the Empire State Building's Art Deco lobby. The Empire State Building lobby is one of the few interiors in New York to be designated a historic landmark. Following the tour, members enjoyed drinks in WMF’s offices on the 24th floor.