Your search returned 107 results.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Lafayette Cemetery No. 1
One of New Orleans’s oldest surviving cemeteries, Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 was placed on the Watch in 1996 because of its advanced state of deterioration.
Unalaska, Alaska, United States
Holy Ascension Russian Orthodox Church
Built in 1896 on the site of an earlier church, Holy Ascension Russian Orthodox Church in Unalaska is a reminder of the sizeable Russian community that once thrived in Alaska.
Ivanovo Rock Chapels
Founded in the first half of the thirteenth century, the rock chapels near the village of Ivanovo constitute a remarkable Eastern Orthodox Hesychastic monastic complex.
Čapljina municipality, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Village of Počitelj
Počitelj, once a feudal seat on the Neretva River, is dominated by a fortress that fell to the Ottoman advance in 1471.
St. Andrew, Barbados
Morgan Lewis Sugar Mill
The Morgan Lewis Sugar Mill is the last of the many Barbadian windmills once used to produce sugar, and one of only two functioning sugar windmills in the world.
San Ignacio, Argentina
San Ignacio Miní
In the midst of the Argentine rainforest stand the ruins of San Ignacio Miní, a seventeenth-century Jesuit mission complex.
The artistic wealth within the Domus Aurea has been studied by historians and artists for centuries, but it was obscured by biological growth and mineral deposits after years of neglect.
Mexico City, Mexico
Modern Mural Paintings
Mexico’s mural masters were at the vanguard of twentieth-century art.
Khami National Monument
Khami, a settlement founded in the mid-15th century, became the capital city of Great Zimbabwe in the mid-16th century and thus became the center of the kingdom's political and economic power.
Nampula Province, Mozambique
Island of Mozambique
Sustainable tourism development and the conservation of historic fabric must be balanced at Mozambique in order to ensure the survival of the island’s cultural heritage.
Designed in the late 1890s and built in 1902, Subotica Synagogue is among the most impressive examples of art nouveau ecclesiastical architecture in the region.