WMF Britain Study Days: St Paul’s and the City Churches
Gavin Stamp returns to lead an exploration of the work of Sir Christopher Wren, the presiding genius of post-fire London. The inventive spaces of the smaller churches and the magnificent volumes of WMF and Amex-sponsored St Paul's Cathedral are host to delightful details by some of the country's finest ever master craftsmen.
WMF Britain Members £70/Non-members £80
Price includes refreshments throughout the day and all entrances. Please note:
- Times are approximate.
- There will be some walking between sites.
- Locations, timings and speakers may be subject to change.
- 10:00 AM: St Martin-within-Ludgate Church, Ludgate Hill.
- 10.30 AM: St Paul's Cathedral Restaurant for morning coffee
- 11:00 AM: St Paul’s: Triforium tour, Wren’s model & Oculus
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at Browns, Old Jewry
- 2:10-2:35 PM: St Margaret Lothbury
- 2:45-3:05 PM: St Stephen Walbrook
- 3:15-3:35 PM: St Mary Abchurch
- 3:45-4:05 PM: St James Garlickhythe
- 4:15 PM: Afternoon tea at St Mary-le-Bow