- Graphic Designer
World Monuments Fund is seeking a qualified professional for the role of Graphic Designer to contribute to our global, creative, and inclusive organization and office environment. This person is a thoughtful communicator responsible for executing marketing and communications activity in support of World Monuments Fund’s highest priority projects. This talented and dynamic individual will report to the Senior Manager of Communications and work closely with development and program staff to plan and execute the message of World Monuments Fund to its key audiences. The ideal candidate is flexible, positive, and creative, and has a passion for communicating organizational mission through dynamic content and good design.
Major areas of responsibility and related tasks include:
- Develop creative design concepts for print and digital mediums to communicate World Monuments Fund’s mission.
- Design and/or update print collateral, yearly magazine, brochures, one-pagers, letters, cards, and invitations.
- Concept, design, and/or update multi-media materials including static and interactive content, animated content, and videos in partnership with communications team.
- Design web-based collateral for website, email, and social media.
- Provide technical specifications for print requests. Obtain price quotes and purchase requests. Manage invoices from vendors.
- Manage the graphic creation process from beginning to end, prioritizing projects based on importance. Ensure that designed materials are on time and within budget. Develop new procedures to manage creative projects as needed.
- Maintain company brand standards across all creative assets for a consistent look and feel.
- Define new brand standards as needed.
- Actively work to guarantee quality throughout the development process.
- Maintain neat and orderly files and archives.
- Work with outside agencies or other creatives as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Major Fine Arts or Graphic Design preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working as an in-house graphic designer or as a member of graphics design department/agency.
- Strong command of digital/print design programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign.
- Knowledge of video editing/animation software like After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Fusion 8.
- Command of all Office applications, including PowerPoint.
- Understand graphics standards for print, email, social media, video, and the web.
- Understand the role of the creative brief.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and the latest digital marketing trends.
- Be an organized self-starter, attentive to detail, and be able to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Work well independently and as a highly integrated team member.
- Be an innovative designer, fast learner, and collaborative team player.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience in creating work for varying audiences.
- Interest in international relations and cultural heritage a plus.
- Commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
World Monuments Fund is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual member of graphics design department/agency.