Monumental Journeys: American Southwest
WMF President and CEO, Bénédicte de Montlaur will lead an adventurous trip to visit the 2020 Watch site, Bears Ears National Monument. Bears Ears includes thousands of ancient Native American cliff dwellings, community centers, rock peckings and paintings, and artifacts, which had remained undisturbed until the mid-nineteenth century.
- Guided hikes to cliff dwellings and rock art galleries
- Kayak adventure on the San Juan River
- Tour of local winery followed by five-course meal with wine pairings
- Dark sky program with astronomy guide viewing deep space objects like nebulae, galaxies and faint star clusters
- Reception at spectacular Muley Point
- Meetings with members of the Indigenous community to learn about the sacred sites at Bears Ears
Join World Monuments Fund’s International Council for exclusive access to Monumental Journeys and more!
For more information, please contact Brian Keliher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 332 345-7348.