Monumental Journeys: Spain
Madrid, Burgos, Santander, Bilbao, and Toledo
This September, experience the rich history and culture of Spain as only a WMF Leadership Giving Society member can. Join World Monuments Fund as we explore prehistoric cave art, soaring Gothic cathedrals, and cutting-edge architecture in Madrid, Burgos, Santander, Bilbao, and Toledo with specialists while enjoying world-class accommodations and cuisine.
Trip highlights will include:
- Travel with WMF cultural preservationist Pablo F. Longoria and other specialists along the way
- Private tours of Frank Gehry’s Guggenheim museum in Bilbao and Renzo Piano’s new Botin Cultural Center in Santandar
- Guided museum visits in Madrid, including the Velázquezs and Goyas of the Prado Museum; Picassos, Miros and Dalis of the Reina Sophia Museum; and a private tour of the Royal Palace
- Explore 300,000 year old Paleolithic cave art
- Private dinner at the home of WMF Spain President, Juan Carlos Fierro
- Enjoy world-class cuisine and entertainment including a Flamenco performance and al fresco tapas lunch
- Visit WMF restoration project at the Cathedral of Toledo
- Traverse the ancient Añana salt flats and sample some of the world’s best artisanal salt
- 5-star luxury accommodations in each city, including the Gran Hotel Ingles in Madrid, Hotel Landa in Burgos, and Gran Hotel Domine in Bilbao
Join World Monuments Fund’s Leadership Giving Society for exclusive access to Monumental Journeys and more!
For more information, please contact Jessica Glaser at email@example.com or 646 424-9594 x 218.