The International Council is a prestigious circle of philanthropists and heritage enthusiasts from around the world who receive unparalleled access to our conservators, staff, sites, programs, and archives, and help us chart our global strategy. Members are leaders in their communities and share a commitment to preserving beauty, meaning, and cultural heritage in all its forms.
Starting in 2020, an annual meeting of the Council will be held in New York where WMF leadership and senior specialists present an overview of current sites and preview upcoming sites. Members gain an insider’s perspective on WMF projects and programs and are encouraged to participate in the conversation and help offer solutions.
International Council Members serve as global ambassadors for World Monuments Fund and its mission and are eligible to travel with WMF’s CEO and conservation experts through our exclusive travel program, Monumental Journeys. Past trips have included a private dinner under the stars at Angkor in Cambodia, with the temple complex dramatically lit just for us, private dinners hosted in the homes of our international supporters, access to heritage that are normally off-limits to the public with WMF specialists, meetings with leading architects and cultural and political figures, as well as luxury accommodations, and the finest local cuisine.
Additional Benefits of International Council Membership Include:
- Member: $5,000
- Champion Member: $10,000 (all benefits above, plus)
- Leadership Member: $25,000 (all benefits above, plus)*
- Invitations to special events in New York, as well as events hosted by WMF affiliates in the UK, India, Peru, Portugal, and Spain
- Invitation to an annual day trip in the New York City area, led by our Vice President of Programs (examples of past day trips include a behind-the-scenes visit to the 1847 George Nakashima House, Studio and Workshop and the Mount Lebanon Shaker Village and studio of artist Ellsworth Kelly)
- Priority ticketing and reserved seating at all public programs
- Invitations to special inauguration celebrations for completed WMF projects across the globe
- Complimentary private tours of select WMF sites across the globe with conservation experts (certain restrictions apply)
- Recognition in the annual Watch magazine
- Join/Renew Now
- Invitation for two to the Patron’s Reception, held in conjunction with the annual Hadrian Gala
- Opportunities throughout the year to attend exclusive Trustee events, as well as those of WMF affiliates in the UK, India, Peru, Portugal, and Spain
- Join/Renew Now
*All but $550 of a gift at this level is fully tax-deductible in the United States. Or you may choose to waive the Hadrian gala tickets benefit for a fully tax-deductible gift.