Position Title: Director of Marketing & Digital Engagement
Direct Report: Vice President of Communications
I. Position Summary
World Monuments Fund (WMF) seeks a qualified professional for the role of Director of Marketing & Digital Engagement. This individual plays a key role in shaping WMF’s messaging, brand awareness, audience growth, and digital fundraising.
The ideal candidate has significant digital fundraising, marketing and/or advocacy experience, along with excellent project management skills and can strategically navigate competing priorities; a minimum of five years of experience with digital cross-channel marketing in a non-profit setting; experience using online tools, processes and techniques for audience development, engagement, donor recruitment, retention, conversions, and list building; and experience mobilizing and engaging online communities in a wide range of multi-channel activities, online and off.
- Work with VP of Communications to implement WMF’s strategic vision across all digital platforms with an emphasis on maintaining brand voice and identity, growing our digital communities, and increasing user engagement through low-cost efforts.
- Institutional Marketing Strategy and Workplan: Working closely with the Communications and Development teams, lead the creation and implementation of an institutional marketing strategy including goals, roles, responsibilities, and deadlines.
- Website Redesign: Oversee immediate and longterm marketing and engagement strategy for WMF’s new website.
- Engagement Strategy: Implement a comprehensive audience engagement strategy across all channels (social media, email, website) that serves the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Content Strategy and Development: Collaboratively manages a workflow for all relevant staff creating value-adding content in support of the organization’s engagement, messaging, positioning, and marketing needs.
- Content Production: Produce and repurpose content for routine communications: social media, digital engagement, email communications, website copy.
- Collaboratively manages a workflow for relevant staff creating value-adding content in support of the organization’s engagement, messaging, positioning, and marketing needs. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Act as “community manager” to respond to comments and inbox messages, understand community behaviors and habits and increase overall engagement and affinity to WMF social media platforms and publishes content across WMF’s social media platforms.
- Stay abreast of the latest social media news and trends to ensure WMF is taking advantage of the latest tools.
Digital Marketing and Analysis
- Strategize and implement paid marketing strategy across platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google Grant AdWords, that promotes and informs our content and drives multi-channel growth, traffic, engagement, member acquisition, and conversion.
- Monitor and manage Google Grants AdWords account to ensure compliance and optimization.
- Monitor Google Analytics for data learnings that can optimize wmf.org for improved user experience and conversion.
- Grow awareness, site traffic, and content syndication through creative marketing solutions, including social networking strategies, contests/sweepstakes, exclusive content promotions, etc.
- Compile and distribute regular reports for owned and paid platforms/campaigns to internal team; utilize data to evaluate campaign efficacy; evaluate internal and competitive digital campaign performances to determine success and areas of opportunity/growth.
- Work with the team to tap into the compelling narratives of WMF’s work to produce digital content that powerfully communicates the impact of our projects across multiple platforms.
- Liaise with Creative Director and Programs team to assess incoming photography, videography, and written updates (solicited and unsolicited) from our active projects for content consideration.
- Liaise with Creative Director to produce and post weekly digital features (slideshows, blogs, videos) and monthly e-newsletter, including copywriting, asset selection, building, and deployment.
- Liaise with Creative Director to assist with the day-to-day management of wmf.org, including website additions, software patches, and design and UX updates.
- Liaise with the Communications Associate to produce all e-communications for the organization.
- Partner with VPs of Communications, Development and Partnerships, and Programs to maintain a comprehensive calendar of digital communications that informs content strategy and targets various stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop a compelling social media presence for WMF’s Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience with responsibilities including marketing, advertising, promotions, digital strategy, social media management, online user experience, e-commerce optimization
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling, error-free copy on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to compile and maintain nuanced reporting and analysis of digital properties
- An in-depth understanding of social media platforms, trends, and new technologies.
- Experience running reports and exporting data from Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and other similar tools.
- Experience working with social management and listening platforms.
- The drive to take initiative, work independently, and be accountable while also working as a team player who is collaborative, positive, and flexible.
- Experience working with website content management systems.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or other image creation tools for asset creation. Experience with video and audio editing a plus.
- Experience with Luminate Online also a plus.
IV. EEO Statement
The World Monuments Fund provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, genetics, creed, national origin, age, disability, marital and/or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The World Monuments Fund is a NY State at-will employer. In addition to federal law requirements, World Monuments Fund also complies with all other applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and or operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
V. Compensation and Benefits
The World Monuments Fund offers a comprehensive and highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, wellness and sick time off, holiday time off, and a multitude of other insurance benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a fully comprehensive retirement plan.
The salary range for this position will be $80,000-100,000, depending on experience.
VI. Application Procedure
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
No Phone Calls.